Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
We seek a dynamic, collaborative, and energetic professional for a full-time IT Support Specialist position. The Support Specialist will join our Information Technology team in partnering with the business to enable and equip our customers by providing first and second-level help desk support for both on-premises and remote users.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helpdesk support to all technological equipment including desktops, printers, applications, IP phones, and network devices
- Builds/administers end-user devices locally and remotely on a primarily Office 365 environment
- Review, research, as well as accurately respond to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
- Responsible for mobile device management using Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) and O365 policies
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and workstation hardware/software
- Create and maintain training materials for end-users as well as IT Team SOP’s
- Engage with internal and external teams in the design of new or changing systems
- Operates independently to resolve routine end-user problems and with immediate supervision for more complex issues or assignments
- Maintain various end-user and IT asset inventory systems.
- Research and evaluate upcoming changes to existing environments in order to determine user and security impact. Coordinate decisions among multiple teams
- Perform analysis to ensure continuous improvement of all systems and services.
- Assist with the support and maintenance of cloud services in AWS and Azure.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 5+ years of IT experience with a strong focus on end-user and systems administration.
- Industry-specific certifications or a degree are preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of computing processes and technology, including Windows Desktop OS, Office 365, software diagnostics, and tools.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, anti-virus applications, and Local Area Networks
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical individuals
- Hands-on experience in desktop, network, and system administration
- Must be customer relationship focused, process driven, metric focused, results-oriented, organized & self-directed
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.