Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting, collaborative work environment with a clausal dress code. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
Coordinate the purchasing activities for assigned areas according to the company procurement policy. Responsible for documenting procurement decisions and completing purchase orders. Resolve purchase order, physical receiving, and invoice discrepancies to ensure on-time deliveries and payments. Save company time and money on material and transportation costs while meeting company quality standards and deadlines.
Seasoned material, equipment and services buyer needed immediately. Must also have pipe and transportation expertise to facilitate bid strategy, competitive bidding process, reviewing bid options with internal stakeholders, initiating purchase order(s) according to bid award decisions, coordinating pipe releases to physical receivers, and storing POD/MTR in document library for job books.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with project teams
- Process purchase requests according to procurement policy
- Manage quote and competitive bidding process according to procurement policy
- Coordinate material and equipment on-time delivery between vendor and physical receiving location
- Facilitate resolution of proof of delivery discrepancies between vendor and physical receiving location
- Process returns to vendor transactions
- Facilitate resolution of purchase order match exceptions preventing payment to vendor
- Manage purchase orders to closure
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 10+ years pipeline and facility commodity purchasing experience
- Pipe mills and logistics management
- Proficiency with Excel and ERP systems
- Proven analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate with engineers, project managers, construction managers, inspectors, and field operations to understand specification and delivery requirements while working in an office setting