Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture and storage project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon Solutions offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
The Regulatory Affairs Manager monitors regional, state, and local regulatory and policy proposals and manages key regulatory relationships as they intersect Summit Carbon Solutions’ business needs. Collaborate in developing strategies to address risks and opportunities, assists in the implementation of those strategies, and communicates regularly with internally and external stakeholders.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Identifies regulatory risks and opportunities for the company
- Collaborates with functional areas to developing strategies to mitigate risks or realize opportunities.
- Assists in the implementation of strategies and reporting of progress.
- Serves as a liaison between regulatory bodies and Summit Carbon Solutions.
- Assists in developing responses to requests for information from regulatory bodies.
- Assists with the development of standards for the company’s operating procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations applicable to the company.
- Monitors regulatory affairs and the effect changes will have on company plans and operations.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
Education and Required Skills/Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of applicable government regulations and processes.
- Ability to inform and educate managers on regulations and polices that require compliance.
- Excellent communication & strategic planning skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of carbon programs a plus.
- Regional travel: 50% of the time including some overnight travel
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, engineering, or other applicable field of study
- 10+ years of applicable experience
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.