Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
Position is responsible for delivering safe and reliable surface facilities and pipelines that follow best practices for CO2 injection and storage that are compliant with federal, state & local regulatory requirements, meet business performance targets, meet equipment performance expectations, and satisfy system operational uptime, reliability, and operational requirements.
Will oversee engineering and construction of sequestration surface facilities and pipelines. Develop and manage surface facilities cost and schedule. Support commissioning, start-up and on-going operations and maintenance of surface facilities and pipelines. Accountable to the EVP to deliver well designed, safe, and reliable CO2 sequestration surface facilities and pipelines. Provide procedures and systems to operate and maintain sequestration surface facilities and pipelines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to staff and contractors for the engineering, permitting, construction and operation of sequestration surface facilities and pipelines.
- Provide engineering support for permitting and regulatory compliance activities
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance of all activities on SCS CO2 storage sites
- Manage surface facilities and pipeline construction and commissioning cost and schedule
- Coordinate commissioning, and operations integration of sequestration facilities with SCS pipeline and facilities construction and operations teams.
- Create solutions when in-scope work becomes critical path for project schedule.
- As the project progresses, provide training and supervision for personnel needed for CO2 injection and storage operations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience/knowledge in pipeline , surface facilities or process plant engineering, construction, operations, and maintenance, SCADA control systems, basic hydraulics and flow control systems, OSHA and PHMSA regulatory compliance standards, contract administration, damage prevention, and emergency response/incident command.
- Experience in CO2 injection or enhanced oil recovery engineering, facilities construction, operations, and maintenance preferred.
- Ability to lead and manage people in maintaining, changing and/or improving performance in safety, operational excellence, and risk reduction.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.