Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
Position will deliver safe and reliable injection wells and monitoring systems that follow best practices for CO2 injection and storage that are compliant with federal, state & local regulatory requirements, meet business performance targets, meet equipment performance expectations, and satisfy system operational uptime, reliability, and operational requirements.
Will oversee engineering and drilling and completion of injection wells and subsurface monitoring system. Manage drilling and data acquisition in the field in support of CO2 storage facility permitting and development. Develop and manage drilling and completion cost and schedule. Support commissioning, start-up and on-going operations and maintenance of sequestration wells and equipment. Accountable to the EVP to deliver well designed, safe, and reliable CO2 injection wells and subsurface monitoring systems. Provide procedures and systems to operate and maintain CO2 injection wells and subsurface monitoring systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to staff and contractors for the engineering, permitting, drilling, completion and operation of injection wells and CO2 monitoring systems.
- Provide engineering support for permitting and regulatory compliance activities
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance of all activities on SCS CO2 storage sites
- Manage drilling, completion and commissioning cost and schedule
- Coordinate commissioning, and operations integration of injection wells with SCS pipeline and facilities construction and operations teams.
- Create solutions when in-scope work becomes critical path for project schedule.
- As the project progresses, provide training and supervision for personnel needed for CO2 injection and storage operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- A minimum of 7 years of working experience/knowledge in CO2 injection or enhanced oil recovery engineering and operations, and or oil and gas reservoir engineering, well design, drilling, completion, maintenance and operations, SCADA control systems, basic hydraulics and flow control systems, OSHA and PHIMSA regulatory compliance standards, contract administration, damage prevention, and emergency response/incident command.
- Ability to lead and manage people in maintaining, changing and/or improving performance in safety, operational excellence, and risk reduction.
- Ability of to travel up to 10% of the time
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.