Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting, collaborative work environment with a casual dress code. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
Coordinate the purchasing activities for assigned areas according to the company procurement policy. Responsible for documenting procurement decisions and completing purchase orders. Resolve purchase order, physical receiving, and invoice discrepancies to ensure on-time deliveries and payments. Save company time and money on material and transportation costs while meeting company quality standards and deadlines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with project teams
- Process purchase requests according to procurement policy
- Manage quote and competitive bidding process according to procurement policy
- Coordinate material and equipment on-time delivery between vendor and physical receiving location
- Facilitate resolution of proof of delivery discrepancies between vendor and physical receiving location
- Process return to vendor transactions
- Facilitate resolution of purchase order match exceptions preventing payment to vendor
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years purchasing experience in construction or engineering environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics a plus)
- Proven analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Detail orientation & organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with engineers, project managers, construction managers, inspectors, and field operations to understand specification and delivery requirements while working in an office setting