Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
The ESG project manager will be responsible for creating the process and implementing the ESG program with the organization. Help develop and execute strategies to achieve goals. Will identify opportunities to improve ESG performance frameworks and ratings systems; stay current on ESG-related trends, issues and strategies; participate on cross-functional and division teams to set ESG goals and develop strategies to execute against them; analyze, interpret and communicate data; develop ESG awareness, education and training efforts for the Company; support leadership in communicating ESG strategy and performance, and incorporating ESG into culture and business strategy. This position will be the point person for the ESG program and for SCS stakeholders and executive team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create ESG process and practices-policies, procedures, guidelines and ensure compliancy with applicable external regulations and internal directives
- Coordinate between executive team and directors to establish ESG goals and implementation strategies
- Provide ESG subject matter expertise. Research and monitor ESG issue areas, emerging trends, governance, reporting and measurement. Possess thorough understanding of reporting frameworks and industry standards (e.g., SASB, TCFD, GRI, UN SDGs). Develop awareness of ESG best practices, particularly by peer companies. Assess Summit Carbon Solutions’ performance against those trends, standards, and best practices, and recommend actions to best align our priorities and efforts. Identify data gaps, knowledge gaps, and recommend strategies/tactics to close those gaps
- Prepare written and visual communications related to ESG for both internal and external audiences, including talking points, memos, e-mail updates, dashboards, scorecards, presentations, and reports. Manage the timely development, production, and dissemination of the annual ESG / sustainability report; and other duties as assigned. Support the corporate and the local management in training, communication, and implementation of ESG management system across the company
- Manage the overall ESG timeline and cadence, coordinating regularly with procurement, environmental, commercial excellence, technical services, operations support, human resources, finance, and other functions or divisions responsible for issues. Educate internal stakeholders on ESG topics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Education: BS/BA in sustainability, environmental or business
- 5-10 years’ experience sustainability, environmental, social sciences
- Distinguished with Microsoft and formulating templates and presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- SASB, GRI, CFA, ISF, ISB, CSIP a plus
- Environmental/utility/natural resources permitting experience
- Experience in carbon programs a plus
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.