Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. We offer excellent employee benefits and competitive pay.
- Oversee and manage the on-site health and safety of all contractors and employees.
- Maintain appropriate OSHA, HIOSHA and other applicable jurisdictionally required safety processes, policies and procedures, certifications, reporting requirements on site.
- Enforce occupational health policies and procedures to promote and ensure effective safety operations at the jobsite.
- Ensure a safe on-site workplace by conducting programs for orientations, skill training, proper job instruction, hazardous materials handling, and the use of protective equipment.
- Review daily safety reports, accident and incident reports, and other job site reports and maintain record of project incident and severity rates and total project hours.
- Implement initiatives on-site to reduce and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards.
- Represent the Company and employee interest in any safety or loss control investigations.
- Review safety training available in the Company’s Learning Management System (LMS) and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Purchase, maintain, coordinate, and make cost effective use of safety resources.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and audits onsite to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Manage Company tool and PPE programs onsite. Ensure compliance with OEM requirements, complete inspections for safety and quality and safety certifications
- Manage compliance under EPA 40 CFR and PHMSA regulations for operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years of environmental, health and safety-related work experience
- Weekly travel including 50%/month overnight
- Strong understanding of OSHA, PHMSA, EPA regulations, safety programs
- Emergency response experience a plus
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.