Summit Carbon Solutions is looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. We are growing rapidly and offer an opportunity for growth potential in an exciting team driven environment. We offer high compensation and great benefit options including some benefit packages that are free for employees and their family.
This position is responsible for assisting in the oversight and management of all aspects of the accounting functions which include general ledger accounting, internal and external financial reporting, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Serve as a leader and mentor of the accounting team in a collaborative environment
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and monthly financial packages.
- Fixed Assets and Project Accounting Sub-ledger activities and reconciliations
- Manage Lease Accounting and Asset Retirement Obligation accounting aspects
- Coordinate monthly accounting and general ledger close activities to successfully meet internal and external deadlines.
- Approve journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with department policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations.
- Work on internal and external financial statement reviews and audits.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing business processes to develop new analyses/reports to facilitate operational and financial planning and decision-making.
- Develop processes and business partner relationships with internal and external groups that will improve the flow of financial information within the company.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA and/or MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Public accounting experience, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum eight years of related business experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 F&O accounting system a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and advanced Excel experience required.
Summit Carbon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.